Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.Reading Time: 4 minutes
What comes to mind when you hear the word ‘self-care ideas‘? Do you think it some kind of selfish investment in oneself?
Well, I use to think like that too, I thought self-care idea was a scheme to focus on oneself, thus forsaking one’s responsibility.
I thought self-care was just about going to a spa, shopping a lot, etc.
I never knew there was a biblical self-care system, please don’t get me wrong, I do not mean the afore-mentioned tips is wrong for a Christian.
What I mean is this the biblical self-care system is one that teaches you how to fully utilize your potential as a Proverbs 31 woman
The Biblical self-care system isn’t focused on self, rather it is focused on being selfless.
There are several ways to incorporate the biblical self-care into our lives, but I will be sharing 7 of my favorite tips with you, and I pray it blesses and transforms your soul.
7 self-care ideas for the Proverbs 31 woman
1. Daily Bible reading
Daily bible study is one of the most important self-care ideas you can incorporate into your busy schedule.
The word of God has the ability to reshape, restructure, and redirect your path.
The psalmist in Psalms 119:105 NKJV says
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
Feasting on God’s word on a daily basis is one of the best self-care tips to keep your day inspired.
You can either choose to study the Bible by books or carry out a Topical bible study.
I would advise you to get a notebook for an effective Bible study as this to help you write down keywords and key points gotten from your Bible study.
Shop for your notebook here
- Wake up as early as possible, preferably 5.a.m when the whole atmosphere is still cool and calm.
- Grab whatever it is you will be needing for your Bible study ( this includes your Biro, pencil, Bible study notebooks, highlighters, etc.)
- Find a comfortable place to sit.
- Pray, ask that the Lord grant you access to the divine wisdom hidden in his word.
- Start reading
For more tips on how to carry out an effective Bible study visit here
2. Carry out Meditation
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. (Joshua 1:8 NKJV)
To meditate means to focus your attention on something.
I established in my previous post, how that the Proverbs 31 is focused on ‘becoming’ you can read it here
The more focused you are on your Bridegroom (Jesus), the more you become transformed into his image.
Meditation is one of the self-care ideas a Proverbs 31 woman must adopt.
- Find a quiet place or room far away from the distractions of kids, friends, neighbors.
- Lay hold of a particular scripture, subject matter, personality, you want to meditate on
- Sit comfortably (ensure that your body is well relaxed, to avoid distraction)
- Close your eyes
- Begin to focus
For more details on how to carry out meditation, visit my meditation tips Here
bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. (Colossians 3:13 NKJV)
One thing forgiveness does is that it eases the soul and gives peace of mind, you gain the most when you forgive others.
Unforgiveness sows seeds of discord and bitterness, so choose to forgive others even before they realize their mistakes, the truth is some will never realize.
- List out names of people that have been on your nerves lately
- List out the name of people you find difficult to forgive ( it can be very difficult sometimes)
- Pray and ask God to give you the grace to forgive them
- Put a call across to them and talk to them about it, (I can assure you that some of them will not admit to their fault)
- Still choose to forgive them.
Life can be overburden and stressful sometimes, we become weary trying to fix and balance things.
Rest is not a part of self-care ideas meant to slow you down, rather it is a system that keeps us alive and rejuvenated.
Taking rest from your work or Job is not a bad idea.
- Take a break from work, and rest, to rest does not necessarily mean sleep,
5. Exercise regularly and feed well
This is one of the basics of Christian self-care ideas, exercise regularly, avoid eating junk, feed on fresh fruits and vegetables.
The idea is for you to be fit enough to go about your father’s business.
- As a beginner, you can take a five-minute walk, Jog, or squat, it helps strengthen your bones and relieve stress.
- Enrich your diet with vegetables and fresh fruit, you can administer it on a daily basis or weekly basis depending on how you can handle it.
6. Build a relationship and connect with people
Research shows that connecting with others increases your happiness and life span, your being a Christian does not prevent you from keeping friends.
So squeeze out time out of your tight schedule to fellowship with the ones you love.
- Write down the list of people you want to relate with
- Put a call across to them
- Take them out for lunch or dinner (do whatever suits you, you might just visit them in their apartment or ask them to come over to yours)
I hope you were blessed by these self-care ideas, please do not forget to share, comment, and subscribe to my mailing list.